Truck Topper Care and Maintenance
Your decision to purchase a topper or tonneau cover from Monroe Truck and Auto Accessory Center is one that you will value over the lifetime of your vehicle.
Since 1967, Monroe has been helping customers like you protect their cargo and personalize their vehicles. Monroe Truck and Auto Accessories take great pride in being the Midwest's leader in sales and installation of both aluminum and fiberglass pickup toppers.
We invite you to see us again for your future truck accessory needs. Monroe Truck carry a complete line of truck accessories and offer professional installation on all products sold.
As you take delivery of your new topper or tonneau cover, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the recommendations outlined here.
• Check the clamps or bolts holding the topper or tonneau cover to the truck at least monthly to see that they are firmly in place. We encourage you to stop in for a yearly free inspection.
• Periodic cleaning will help preserve your topper's or tonneau cover's appearance. Use the same procedure washing this product as you do your vehicle. Your topper or tonneau cover can be put through most mechanical car washes. It is best to check with the car wash attendant for any limitations.
• Inspect for road damage or wear regularly. Neglected repairs will increase the damage to the topper or tonneau cover in most cases.
• When not being used, store your topper or tonneau cover off of direct ground contact. Ideally, store in a protected area.
• Your Monroe topper or tonneau cover may be remounted many times. Always check the condition of the adhesive foam tape under the base rails. Replacement tape is available at Monroe Truck Accessories Online Store
• If your topper is equipped with bubble type windows, they are made from DOT approved Lexan. Do not clean with abrasive brushes or cleaners, as the surface may scratch. Use a clean, damp cloth to clean the lexan bubbles. Several products are available to both clean and preserve lexan.
• It is recommended that a "Lock Sock" be used to help prevent road dirt and grime from damaging your topper's or tonneau cover's locks. Ask us about this easy-to-use accessory.
• Lubricate the sliding portions of your windows, door hinges, door lock(s), and window control rods monthly with an oil-based lubricant. Do not use any silicone or petroleum disillate (WD40)(water down 40) spray on door prop pistons.
• Damage may occur to window and door parts if the topper is driven with the windows or rear door open. Tonneau covers should always be driven in the closed position.
• Your topper is ruggedly built and if properly equipped, will support roof loads of up to 100 pounds. Hauling objects on the topper roof without proper equipment may cause severe damage. Always secure your load directly to the front and rear bumpers of the vehicle for added stability.
• Monroe toppers and tonneau covers are not designed for use in transporting passengers. We recommend adhering to state law regarding the transporting of passengers.
• Installation and use of a truck topper or tonneau cover may cause paint damage to the truck bed rails and upper tailgate surface area. Consult us on ways to minimize damage.
• Contact your auto insurance company to make them aware that you have added a new truck cap or tonneau cover to your vehicle.
Warranty applies to:
• Only the original purchaser on the original vehicle
• Proof of purchase (invoice copy) is required
• Limited lifetime on color fade (effective 2001)
• Five year warranty on Suspa gas props (effective 7/03)
• One year on doors, windows (excluding glass) and other hardware
• Lifetime on structure - i.e. welded frame on commercial aluminum caps and below the color surface on fiberglass products
• One year on welded aluminum frame of Challender Series (for consumer use)
Warranty does not apply to:
• Accessories or equipment installed by anyone other than the LEER factory
• "Crazing" that may result from misuse, impact or normal wear and tear
• Damage due to off-road driving, accidents, misuse, alterations, lack of proper care and maintenance, or normal wear and tear
• Products improperly installed
• Damage resulting from operating the vehicle with the cap door or tonneau in the open position
• Glass breakage
We now serve the following counties! Ferrysburg, Spring Lake, Grand Haven, Freemont, Whitehall, Montague, Conklin, Coopersville, Ravenna, Newago, Grandville, Greenville, Kalamazoo, Kentwood, Wyoming, Norton Shores, Grant, Allendale, Zeeland, Muskegon Heights, Holton, Twin Lake, Comstock Park, Hart, White Cloud, Manistee, Ludington, Howard City, Big Rapids, Sparta, Cedar Springs, Rockford, Forest Hills, Grandville, Jamestown, Hamilton, Wayland, Lowell, Ionia, and Allegan!
If you were not listed in the above list we still will be more than happy to serve you. All you have to do is order the product up and we can have it sent right to you.
• Units sold as "factory seconds"